- 90% is imported from Asia
- Shrimps are grown in filthy pool farms, full of bacterias, antibiotics, desinfectants, and pesticides (which most of them are banned in the USA)
- The pools are so crowded that shrimps die, increasing the amount of bacterias
- The eyes of the female shrimps are cut out (eye ablation) to make them breed faster as is causes them to develop mature over ease. This causes a traumatic and stressful reaction to the shrimp.
- It harms the environment with pollution and deforestation
- There is slave labor implicated in the shrimp industry. If you consume you support and feed this horrible human trafficking
WHAT'S YOUR CHOICE???
Sources: @thephuketnews, greenvillagegazette.com, reporterbrazil.org, otherwords.org, @be_amazedxd